Pet Fest is the biggest event conducted in India with numerous activities, workshops, and stalls dedicated to bringing pets and their owners closer. Pets are unique and the most adorable creatures on the planet. Pets love us and give us company. They are beautiful and loyal. There have been many instances where pets have acted as protectors of their masters. Dogs like German Shepherds are excellent guards for families. They become a part of our family because of the sheer comfort we get from them.
Taking care of pets is a difficult and time-consuming job and must be done with dedication and love. Everyone should know when to take them to vets and how to take care of them.
We in CMR NPS inculcate the importance of caring for animals the learners of Grade 1 -4 celebrated Pet Fest on 14th July 2021. The Festival started as soon as children entered the meeting because children were excited when they joined the meeting for Pet Fest, so they can dive right into the party and then move on to academics. Excited faces were seen on the screen, few students were excited to show their pets and talk about them to the group and a few were waiting to see their friends’ pet animals. Pet Fest is an occasion where students can de-stress, enjoy themselves and their animals.Students entertained themselves by talking about their Pet animals by introducing their names, what they eat, what they like to do, how old they are etc. Few statements are given here :
- My pet animal is a cat, and I love to play with it. She is very intelligent and loves to sit in her favorite chair.
- I take my pet to the vet regularly so that I can get her to take crucial vaccines.
- We should give proper food to our pets and make sure that they eat them. It is not advisable to give them oily foods or foods with high spice content.
- Dogs eat boiled food without spices, and I have trained him how to behave.
- For birds and small animals, we should give them food and water in their cages and also clean their cages.
It was so fun that students who did not register for the Pet fest were also excited to introduce their pets. It was truly a wonderful and knowledgeable experience for our learners.
By, Ms. Gomathi, Primary grade