Every year in CMR NPS we make it a point to mark a day for “Career Day”. This day is to inform students from 9th to 12th and their parents about the various career opportunities one has with their interests. On the 30th of November, we had a plethora of experts from various fields come in and talk to our students and their parents.
We started of with welcoming and introducing our panelists and speakers.
The panel consisted of the following experts, and our panel host Ms. Amritha Randhawa:
- Mohammad Muneer(Director of Sales and Marketing, Shangri-La Hotels): he has worked with Starwood Properties (Sheraton Hotels) as Director of Sales. He is a sales and marketing professional with a demonstrated history of working in the hospitality industry. He had done his MBA from ICFAI, and got his Hotel Management degree from Indonesia.
- Samina Zamindar (MS Ophthalmology, MBBS and Founder of Dr Zamindars Eye Centre) is a Phacoemulsification Cataract Surgeon and is registered Assessor with NABH. Dr Zamindar runs a well established Opthamology practice in Bangalore, India with 2 NABH Accredited Eye Care Centres. She was awarded “Young Quality Achiever” at 4th International conference of consortium of Accredited Healthcare Organisations at Chennai on 8th April 2018. She has been the Chief Instructor for training participants on Implementation of NABH standards’ at all India ophthalmology Society Conference since 2017.
- Neha Bagaria is an entrepreneur, a wife, a mother of two and a woman who restarted her career, thus founding JobsForHer. Neha founded JobsForHer to reserve female brain drain from within the Indian workforce. JobsForHer.com is an online portal to enable women to restart their careers post marriage, motherhood, elderly care, etc. She founded her first company Paragon, right after she graduated from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. She started working with Kemwell in the fields of HR, finance and marketing strategy.
The workshop for parents consisted of Positive Parenting, a session by Dr Sowmyasree Mayur Kaku (a child and adolescent psychiatry, Rainbow Hospital and Nimhans) and Careers of the 21st century- a session by Senior Expert: Lodestar.
The Student Workshop included meeting the following industry experts:
- Dr Sridevi Reddy (MBBS DNB Pediatrics): She graduated from Mysore Medical College. She has been practicing pediatrics at Twinkle Kids Clinic in Kalyan Nagar for a decade now. [Medical]
- Ashish Kumar Sanyal (Executive Chef): Working alongside Gordon Ramsay, George Blanc, Imtiyaz Qureshi, Sanjeev Kapoor, Satish Arora, Hari Natal and many more, he celebrates being a member of the WACS (World Association of Chef’s and Society), IFCA (Indian Federation of Culinary Association)and SICA (South Indian Culinary Association). [Hospitality]
- Maltesh Mattennavar (Art Studio Head, Rockstar India): He’s been associated with art for 19 years. He has worked on Red Dead Redemption 2, GTA V, Microsoft Forza 1 & 2, Codemasters Toca Race Driver 2 & 3, Battlefield Modern Combat for EA games, PGR 3, CMR Dirt, MOTOGP 09/10 for capcom. [Game Development]
- R Vijayalayan (Manager: Control Design Application Engineering at MathWorks India Pvt. Ltd.): He specialises in the field of System Modeling, Control Design and Real-Time Testing and Simulation. He previously worked in Embedded Systems Group of Cranes Software International Limited and was also a Scientist B in the Gas Turbine Research Establishment. [Engineering]
- Dr Purushothama (CTO of Cell Kraft Biotech Pvt. Ltd.): He is the Research Head of Biotherapeutics, Neurocite Stem Cell Research Centre, Bengaluru and Consulting Quality Control Officer in International Stem Cell Services Ltd. [Biotechnology]
- Wicrant Gambhir (Head of Apparel Sourcing, Jockey India): He’s an alumnus of IIM & NIFT. Over the last 25 years he’s worked with established global and Indian fashion brands in different domains in the apparel industry. Product and quality management adopting technology in the supply chain and business excellence for inter-functional synergies are some of his areas of expertise. [Fashion Retailer]
- Anish Ramachandran (Former Vice President, HR and Director of the Greater Asia Region, Intel Corp.)He currently advises education and health non profit organizations on field operations, growth and expansion and consults start-ups Business and HR strategies
- Nina George (Journalist, Deccan Herald): Nina began her career 17 years ago with The Hindu. She worked in the magazine section of Times Group and she has been working with Deccan Herald since 2003. She’s working as a chief reporter covering civic issues, prime politics and sports. [journalist]
- Dr Priya Radhakrishnan (Senior Data Scientist at American Express): She holds a PhD in Artificial Intelligence. She works as a senior data scientist and is passionate about coding. [Artificial Intelligence]
- Shivananda P Chindodi (Business Head, GK Vale): In addition to being a partner at GK Vale he is also a LPG Distributor for Indian Gas and is a Film Producer. (Entrepreneurship)
- Shiju Abraham (Senior Partner, V Ranjith Shankar & Associates): Advocate Shiju Abraham Verghis practices Law and has been working at V Ranjith Shankar and associates, Bengaluru for the past 19 years. His clientele consists of many famous personalities. He has appeared for various sensational cases. He has practiced corporate law and has a total experience of 21+ years. He has practiced criminal, civil, and family law. He has also practiced in the Consumer court, NCLT Courts, District Courts, High Courts and the Supreme Court of India. [Law]
After the panel discussion, students dispersed to their various venues, where they attended an hour long session under the guidance of the expert from their chosen field. It was a wonderfully insightful session for our senior students, as they got to interact first hand with people who have achieved massive success in their careers.
At the end of the day, various universities under CMR and Ekya schools visited our campus, presenting lucrative short term and long term courses for various fields.
We sincerely hope that the sessions aided our students in their decision making process; and that they find abundant success in whichever field they choose.