(15 yrs old) daughter of Nachappa & Reeta, began her musical journey when she was 2 years old with her mother/singer Reeta.
Since then she has learned under the tutelage of various gurus in the field of Carnatic, Hindustani and light music.
She has also been trained in one of the toughest string instruments which is the Veena. While she has pursued music very seriously, she is also a trained Bharatnatyam dancer at the tender age of 15 yrs under the able guidance of the very famous dance guru Smt. Rohini Dhananjaya.
It is definitely a moment of pride to note that she has completed her Karnataka Senior Board dance exam in the year 2021 and this year in Jan 2022, Meghana did her first-ever dance recital (Aarangetram) for 3 hours in one of Bangalore’s prestigious stage ‘ADA Rangamandir’.
In February 2020, she was part of the “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li’l Champs” was part of the top 30 talents, and was mentored for a month in Mumbai by some of the musical maestros from Bollywood…
During Lockdown this year (covid 19), she has recorded more than 25 brand new Kodava language songs. All these can be found on her youtube channel Meghana Nachappa.
– Senior degree in Bharatanatyam (KSEEB) in 2020.
– Zee TV SaReGaMaPa Lil Champs(Hindi) Mega Finals in Feb 2020.
– Kalapadma Award in 2020 Sangeetha Nritya Bharati Academy.
– Introduced as the ‘Most Promising Young Talent’ by Madikeri Akashwani in 2019.
– Sang & released more than 20 new Kodava language songs during the last 2 years (pandemic phase). The objective of this is to uplift the Kodava Culture through quality Literature and Music.
– Distinction in Hindustani Classical Music ‘Sangeet Bhushan’ award by Pracheen Kala Kendra
– Her role as a playback singer has just taken to wings in various forms viz.,
1. Title song in Nelchi Boli Kodava Movie
2. Title song in Punyavati Kannada Movie
3. Playbacking in Anumita Kannada movie to be released
4. Tamil devotional songs (Thiruppugal)
-Appeared for Junior degree exam In Carnatic Classical Music in 2021. Results awaited.
– Recently she did her Bharatanatyam Arangetram (Ranga pravesha) in ADA Rangamandir. The entire program was live-streamed on her youtube as well as Facebook channels. You can witness some of her performances below: